The “Samauma” or “Mapajo” (Ceiba) is the tallest tree in the rainforest. It is powerful, mystical, sacred and is a home and in connection with many living beings, water, winds and weather. The Samauma is our inspiration for our Work and Design Guidelines.
- We cultivate respect, interconnectedness of everything we do, patience, collaboration and giving back.
- We work by honouring what became before us and what will come after us. This includes all living beings.
- We understand humanity as part of nature no matter how seemingly far away we may feel.
- We believe in learning by doing.
- We value expertise coming from many sources and regardless of age and formal degrees.
- We make “sense” with all senses beyond the intellect.
- We see technology and nature as a continuum.
- We work in the spirit of love for what we do.